FEET CARE FOR DIABETICS
Fewer people pay attention to diabetes than heart attack and cancer. But did you know? Diabetic is known as “ Silent Killer” because it can go undetected for many years. According to Diabetes Malaysia, 90% of people not realize they had Type 2 diabetes.
How can diabetes affect my feet?
People with diabetics mostly have foot problems because diabetics can cause nerve damage that will make them to lose their senses, especially on the feet. These situations are bad for them since they will not notice if there are any cuts or blaze.
Besides, diabetes also reduces blood flow. When there is a lack of blood flow in the legs, it causes the wounds in those parts to take time to heal. The worst-case scenario is that the wound is infected with germs and gangrene occurs.
Gangran is a condition in which it can no longer be saved unless the infected leg is amputated. This option is the only option available to save your life. Therefore, you need to take early steps to avoid unwanted things.
FOOT CARE STEPS FOR DIABETES
Check Your Feet Every Day
Maybe you do not feel anything but do a daily checkup to detect wounds or other problems. Isn’t it wrong not to check before it’s too late? Here is what you need to “alert”.
- Wounds, abrasions, or red spots.
- Swelling or pus
- Paronychia or nails that grow in the flesh
- Corns and calluses
Wash your feet every day
Wash your feet with warm water instead of hot water, right? Check the water first so that it is not too hot and most importantly do not soak the feet because the skin of your feet will dry faster. After washing and drying your feet, place powder or cornflour in the crevices of the toes as these parts are often moist and moist conditions facilitate bacterial reproduction.
Treat leg cramps
Kematu: Refers to the thickening of the skin and it is divided into two types namely ‘Corn’ and ‘Callus ‘Corn: Refers to the thickening of the concentrated skin producing a lump. It is caused by pressure at one focal point especially on the part that has the bone projection Callus: Refers to the thickening of the skin on one large part. It is caused by pressure on all the skin in that area.
The best way to deal with constipation is to consult a doctor first. This is because, if the kematu is cracked, it can cause ulcers.
If your doctor advises you to use a pumice stone (Tumice Stone), use the stone after bathing. This is because the kematu is still moist. Make sure you use it in one direction only to prevent the skin of your feet from being torn off.
Cut Nails Straight
This one thing, many do not know and do not wonder. But did you know? Cutting nails is also the right way. That is, cut straight instead of the shape of the fingertips. Wrong cuts may cause cagu or nail grip.
Use MedSurg ™ Postoperative Shoe and PegAssist ™ “off-loading insole”.
MedSurg ™ Postoperative Shoe is one of the most versatile diabetic shoes today. With a combination of thick and removable soles to place the PegAssist ™ “off-loading insole”.
- After surgery
- When dressing the wound (dressing)
- As a platform for PegAssist ™ (PTQ Series) insole when off-loading
PegAssist ™ “off-loading insole”
Darco PegAssist PTQ Series Off-loading Insole is perfect for the treatment of diabetic ulcers and is specially designed to fit the MedSurg ™ Postoperative Shoe. This very cost-effective option for wound treatment at the same time can reduce post-surgical stress. It has a removable chassis according to the wound site. When combined with MedSurg shoes, it minimizes pressure on the wound for faster healing while still allowing patients to maintain their movement.
- Has a removable chassis according to the wound site.
- Reduces stress by 60% even when the patient is walking normally.
- Each footwear has a 15mm blend of Plastazote® and a Multi-Foam sole with 3mm Poron® sole.
- PORON® cushion pads get rid of edema and excess skin.
- A Stabilizer board is also provided to maintain the integrity of the product.
Ensure smooth blood flow in the legs
- HIGH the legs while sitting.
- SHAKE your toes for a few minutes throughout the day. Move the leg up and down, inwards and outwards to aid blood circulation.
- DO NOT wear tight or elastic socks and most importantly if your socks are loose, never use rubber to hold the socks.
- ACTIVATE yourself. Choose activities that are suitable for the feet such as walking, dancing, yoga, swimming, or swimming
- Quit smoking.
Get a foot examination when going to the clinic or health center
Get a foot check at least once a year so you know the condition of your feet.
Get checked if:
- There is a change in the shape of the foot
- Loss of sensation in the legs
- Peripheral artery disease
- Ever had an ulcer or had had surgery
The legs are the part that is very much neglected by society. But the feet are a very important part of the day. Therefore, keep your feet clean especially for diabetics.
Contact us to get this product. Don’t miss your chance to get a FREE CONSULTATION on what kind of medical products suitable for your injuries and condition 😉
📲WhatsApp us now at 👇
📞Call our hotline number
06 603 0334 or 019 919 9334